Dr Tirsa Van Wyngaard
Specialist General Surgeon
MBChB (Pret) | FCS (SA) | MMed (Surg) (UCT)
Ingress Medical Centre Rondebosch
Available on Mondays from 09:00 - 11:00, Wednesdays from 13:30 - 15:30 and Fridays from 09:00 - 13:00.
Advanced Harbour Bay Surgical Centre - Simon's Town
Available on Tuesdays from 12:30 - 15:30.
Dr Tirsa Van Wyngaard is a Specialist General Surgeon with a special interest in breast and thyroid health.
• Breast – diagnostic and management procedures for benign and malignant breast conditions (breast biopsies, wide local excisions, mastectomies, axillary clearances, sentinel lymph node biopsies, resection of benign lumps and drainage of breast abscesses).
• Thyroid – lobectomies and total thyroidectomies for benign and malignant thyroid disease.
• Parathyroid – resection of parathyroid adenomas causing hyperparathyroidism.
• Hernia repairs – incisional, inguinal, ventral and umbilical hernia repairs.
• Laparoscopic procedures – cholecystectomies and appendicectomies.
• General abdominal – treatment of small and large intestinal obstruction.
• Endoscopy – upper gastro-intestinal and colonic endoscopy.
• Peri-anal procedures – haemorrhoidal banding, procedures for fistula- and fissure-in-ano.
• Resection of soft tissue lumps and bumps – lipomas, benign cysts.
• Limbs – amputations of legs and toes.
• Wound care and abscess drainage.
• Excision of lymph nodes for biopsy.
Dr Van Wyngaard is driven by a passion to provide compassionate, patient-centred care. She is a committed and responsible surgeon who prides herself on her professionalism and ethical conduct. She is personable, empathetic to the concerns of her patients, has an excellent rapport with patients and an easy-going bedside manner.
Dr Van Wyngaard’s commitment to and passion for her profession drives her to provide quality surgical care through sound decision-making, highly rated technical expertise and collaborative teamwork.